5TH UIC WORLD CONGRESS ON RAIL TRAINING
09-11 OCTOBER 2019, RABAT, MOROCCO
Further to the success of the previous WCRT editions (an average of 200 participants from all continents representing between 30 and 40 countries), the UIC together with its partners ONCF and IFF are pleased to announce the fifth UIC World Congress on Rail Training, which will be held at IFF, Rabat, Morocco, on 09-11 October 2019.
The World Congress on Rail Training 2019 is organized at the initiative of the UIC Expertise Development Platform, which draws its expertise from the regional Rail Training Centres’ Networks. Its main purpose is to enhance workforce development through sharing best practice in rail training across the entire industry.
The key congress aims are to:
- Share best practices in education, training and human resources development,
- Raise awareness in new and innovative technologies, systems and methods to promote effective learning,
- Expand and reinforce international networking within training and development professionals and organizations,
- Enhance cooperation with rail educational & vocational institutions, in order to showcase the different initiatives towards youth.
- Help training and development professionals design and implement training and development programs that contribute to increase organizational effectiveness.
The Congress is targeted at:
- Training Directors, executives and experts.
- Human resources and human performance and development professionals at all hierarchical layers in the organization.
- Rail Educational and vocational institutions.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF WCRT 2019 ABSTRACTS
- 3 languages (English, Français, Deutsch)
- Deadline for abstracts submission / Date limite pour l’envoi des résumés / Einsendeschluss für Zusammenfassung der Beiträge 12 October 2018
To be considered, all abstracts must:
- Not exceed 500 words.
- State on which of the topics (listed below) you are entering your paper.
- You should clearly state the name, company, job title, and the e-mail address at which we can contact you, for each author named in the proposal.
- You must set out the following elements:
- The scope of the subject,
- The issues being addressed,
- Objectives or proposed outcome
- Abstracts can be submitted in one of the 3 UIC official languages (EN, FR, GR in MS Word, using the electronic form. It is,however, recommended that an English version is also sent.
- Abstracts that seek to market a particular product or service will not be accepted. There will, however, be an exhibition at which products and services can be promoted.
- Abstracts accepted will be presented during the Congress and must be accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation in PowerPoint 2007 or later version. A full paper must also be prepared.
- Congress delegates will receive the papers/slides as part of their conference pack. The abstracts will be published on the Congress website before the event.
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed by the International Steering Committee who will select the papers for presentation at the Congress. The selection will be based on the following criteria:
_** How the submissions meet the purpose of the Congress and address the theme and topics
- The originality of the paper
- New ideas incorporated.
- The committee will also try to get a fair geographical balance among the papers.
Deadline for abstract submission:
12 October 2018
Confirmation of accepted abstracts:
30 November 2018
Deadline for submission of full papers:
25 February 2019
THEMES AND TOPICS
Themes and topics WCRT 2019
1/ National and International structures for training and education
- International co-operation between companies
- National co-operation between the industry & education sectors at all levels
- National organisation of training : How standards are applied
2/ New Generation
- How do you attract the new generation to the railway sector through collaboration with colleges and universities?
- Replacement of the ageing workforce
- Sustainability of knowledge management – transfer of railway knowledge to the new generation. Which role for training?
- Talent Development: which strategy?
3/ Innovation and Technologies
- Digitalised railway and the impact on job role and skill requirements. How to train the new competencies?
- Digitalization of training & learning solutions (including social media): success stories
- Software applications (standard or in-company specific) which may be used to help on training needs assessment, simulation training, competencies development and evaluation, training management, etc
- Research & development for innovation in the area of training
- Cost efficiency in training
4/ Training Management Cycle
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training design
- Trainers (training, certification, development)
- Transfer of learning to the workplace
- Training evaluation and return on investment
5/ Training Initiatives
- Training supporting sustainable development
- Development of competencies for HS jobs as well as new jobs
- Safety risk culture (personnel & customer safety/railway safety)
- Security skills for intervention & prevention (suicide, terrorism, anti-social behaviour)
- Human factors and training
- Management and leadership development
- Customer service / Customer orientation
- New challenges, such as cross-cultural, inter-generational