RABAT: A CAPITAL ON THE HUMAN SCALE
- * On the Atlantic coast, capital of the Kingdom of Morocco, with a million inhabitants, Rabat enjoys a pleasant subtropical climate, very sunny, with maritime influences. The average temperature in April is 25°C.
- * Its two railway stations (Rabat City and Rabat Agdal) and its modern tram network serving the main areas of the city facilitate travel. A fleet of small taxis with bright blue provides a local service very popular with residents at modest prices (less than 2 euros per race)
- * A thousand-year-old city whose occupation dates back to Roman times, Rabat has a rich history as evidenced by the Roman-Islamic site of Chellah, the Great Wall, the Mohammed V mausoleum and the ancient Hassan Mosque, the 12th century Kasbah of the Oudeyas dominating the ocean.
- * With its colorful and lively medina and its town center with representative architecture of the middle of the 20th century, Rabat attracts more and more visitors every year. Rabat is also a modern city in profound mutation: the National Library of Morocco, The Hassan II bridge on the river Bou Regreg, the Museum of Modern Art, the Hay Riad business district are the illustration.
- * The works of the future Grand Theater and the Africa Tower project (the highest on the continent), currently underway, devote the development of the banks of the river
Passports and visa
Any non-resident of Morocco must hold a valid passport. Participants are invited to check the visa requirements, if any, for their trip to Morocco.
Insurance and responsibility
Participants are encouraged to subscribe to any insurance that may be necessary. Congress declines all responsibility for any bodily injury, illness, theft or material damage suffered by the participants.
In general, the weather is good and sunny in Rabat (Morocco) in October (16-24 ° C), however the evenings could be cool and brief showers can occur. It is useful to make arrangements.
Electrical voltage: 230 V, 50 Hz
Opening hours of banks:Monday – Friday 08.15 to 16.00 h
Official currency in Morocco: Moroccan DIRHAM
(symbol: MAD)1 euro = 11 MAD.
Pieces: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10 MAD
Tickets: 20, 50, 100, 200 MAD
Changing money is possible at the airport, banks, exchange offices and large hotels.Cash withdrawals by credit card or Maestro card is possible from vending machines in all Moroccan cities.
LOGISTICS AND ACCOMPANYING CONGRESSISTS
* Rabat Sale Airport is located 20 minutes from the Congress venue
* Casablanca Mohammed V Airport, 100 km away, is accessible by motorway and is connected to the rail network
* Two tram stations (ticket price: € 0.5) and Rabat Agdal station serve the congress venue
* The organizers will ensure the transfer of delegations by shuttle comfort, according to schedules.
* A restoration in room, of quality, is proposed. Coffee breaks will be arranged at WCRT.